Jim Wright, a fellow author, a blogger and a man who shares the same passion I have for history has nominated me for the Liebster Award, as you can see, we both have many things in common, so why not share the same award dedicated for our blogs? Thank you my friend! I really appreciate your kind gesture.
– Now, before we roll the red carpet, let’s discuss the rules:
When you receive the award, you post 11 random facts about yourself and answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
Pass the award onto 11 other blogs (while making sure you notify the blogger that you nominated them!)
You write up 11 NEW questions directed towards YOUR nominees.
You are not allowed to nominate the blog who nominated your own blog!
You paste the award picture into your blog. (You can Google the image, there are plenty of them!)
So as you can see, today you’ll learn 22 things about me, have fun everyone:-
11 random facts about Moi:-
1. I was a real big trouble maker when I was a kid and I placed myself in so many predicaments because of that… which explains why I’m not bad anymore.
2. My favorite color is white because, like me, it is a reflection of all the other colors.
3. One of the things I’m proud of is the fact that I was born before my time and when I was delivered I didn’t cry… that’s how they tell me it happened.
4. When I was a kid they hid the fact that I was originally from Iraq, when I found out at the age of 9, I cried because my image of Iraq is Sadam, but it opened my mind and made me realize we are not passports, we are human.
5. If I want to be honest with myself, I’d say I want to accomplish in my life more than I want to get married. But who knows, maybe someone will bewitch me someday.
6. I have a half brother who, not since the last two years, I only see 3 days a year because our vacations never fit, the closest I have ever felt to him was when he called me from Australia after he read my book. He told me ‘I’m proud that the one who wrote this book is my young brother’. He lives where we live now with his wife and adorable kids.
7. Kids used to bully me when I was a kid myself. I don’t know if it was because I was getting high scores or it was because I used to be in the school music band, but once I looked at an old picture of mine and I though ‘I deserved it’.
8. My favorite pet is a cat, I like all pets, but a cat’s curiosity is a good show to watch.
9. I LOVE video games, the ones with a good story in them. I believe they are right now the best form of story telling because you can interact and decide the outcomes. And the soundtrack is always amazing.
10. I love playing football (sorry Americans for the confusion, I meant soccer) and I really like watching matches.
11. My biggest dream is becoming a director and a screen writer… which hopefully will be my next step once I know how to approach that dream.
Questions from Jim L Wright
1. What scares you the most, and why?
Being helpless and unable to do something about it. I fear that because I have experienced it before. I have experienced rough patches but this one really stings.
2. What three possessions do you think you just can’t live without?
A pen, my notebooks and my laptop.
3. When sign makers go on strike, is anything written on their signs?
No strikes, no business.
4. If you could be a character in any book you’ve ever read, who would you be and why?
I would be Santiago from the Alchemist by Paulo Coehlo, everything about that boy reminds me of me, even my own mother said that when she read the book.
5. If someone wrote a book about your life, what would be the title?
No matter who you are, it’s not always who you’ll become.
6. Would you prefer to spend life in prison or be executed? Why?
Prison, I hate not to see my entire life through, even if it wasn’t a good ride, death comes eventually.
7. What got you in the most trouble when you were younger?
Fighting with my brothers, we were always on the fight for power… or more attention, I can never tell.
8. If you could be a religious or spiritual leader, who would it be? Why?
Honestly I have no good answer for that, but there is a great great grandfather who was a leader and a poet who always fought for what’s right, I hope I’ll live up to his name.
9. What or whom do you most miss from your childhood?
Ryo, my first friend ever, he was the Kid from Korea who lived right behind our old house.
10. Grab the book nearest you. What is the first sentence of the third paragraph on page 12?
‘A Russian-made Kilo-class submarine loomed in the water in front of them’ From The Five Greatest Warriors by Matthew Reilly.
11. When did you last write a letter on paper and send it through the postal service?
Three months ago, I wrote a letter for Fran Lewis, an author who agreed to review my book. She and her husband had really enjoyed my book and I can’t wait to share my future works with them.
My nominees are:
1- Yi-Ching Lin
2- Paula Acton
9- Alice Brooke
10- Ben Rogers
11- Gina Lawless
Questions for my nominees:
1- If they make a movie about you, who would you want to play your character?
2- Have you ever had the same dream or same scenario in a dream? If yes, what’s the dream?
3- What are three things you mostly enjoy doing everyday?
4- If you only have one year to live… what will you do?
5- What will you call your first child, and if you already have one, what will you suggest your grandchild’s name would be?
6- Have you ever had a life changing moment? If yes, care to share that moment?
7- If you got to re-live your life from start, what will you change?
8- You are someone who just discovered a planet, what will you name that planet?
9- Did something unexplainable or impossible have ever happened to you? What was that thing?
10- You just had a middle life crisis… what do you think you’ll be doing then?
11- You walk into a book even and suddenly, you see me… what will you say to me?