“The wonder and curiosity of innocence is a true magic. Worlds bend and collide for their excited minds. And all I wish to be, is an immortal child in an old man’s body; still believe that life is beautiful, and thorns around the roses are just a challenge for me to overcome my hate and see the beauty in scented petals of life.”
~ A. H. Amin
My Drawing 2
My Drawing 1
From nothing came love. The universe existed for the sake of love. When you don’t have it, you want it. And that’s how the world came to existence; it created what it missed.
First… Love became a thought…
Then…. the universe conspired in its favor…
And then they watched from the skies how they two sparkled on earth.
Open your heart and be contagious about it.
Once there was a man, child at heart, but old geezer was his ways. Playful at the quad, teaser to the young ones around. He was Liked by many, but loved by few. And one night led to a morning, wide awake now, he cried at a reflection that was not in his image. Not able to bear the ugliness of what he sees, he runs and runs, in hopes that he will magically disappears. Wasted wishes won’t do, so a change of site may bring him some peace through the day’s dew. With war at his mind, he decides to alter his structure, hoping that in the end, he may alter that picture. Fearsome at view, but most importantly, quieter will get the viewers.
Building his rage as he tries to pickup his pace, he found himself running towards a child that leaks. Eyes red as flame, watery as the toddler speaks.
“Lost from my father and brother, cannot find one another”. shaky his words were, he explained to the man his dilemma. abandoning his quest to change his might, he opened his heart, for the kid in white. Cheering him up as they reduced the distance’s space, challenging him every couple of yards for a race. Laughing now, he spots his father and brother, smiling as they see us laugh with each other.
The man realized as he left them, that it is by the heart and not the might you can change one another.
So… that’s pretty much what had happened. I have experienced sadness from what I see on TV. I lived abroad but I still have roots from where I was originated from. And every time I look at the news, I feel those roots are being severed. With talks of ISIS expanding, I sought to build up stamina, ending up facing a child who helped me see things better. As the great Gandhi said, ” Be the change you want to see in the world.”
I am still writing and my upcoming works are my ways to change the world… well, at least change a single child, so he or she might remember that there is still goodness in this world when they grow old.
This a day I celebrate with great enthusiasm because it is also the day of my mom’s birthday. Unfortunately, I am away from home working on my intern year, which with god’s grace, will soon be over.
Here’s a song which is in my opinion, is one of the most… not the most romantic song…. but rather the most amusing view on romance.
Enjoy it with love and laughter…
I’d also like to share this young, 6 years old, patient who fell asleep while I was working on him… If only every patient is like him, even global warming would be solved.
I came across this article that has some health and spiritual tips. If I want to have a better life then I must share those tips with everyone.
Have a wonderful day everyday my dear readers
1. Drink plenty of water.
2. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a beggar.
3. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants, and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
4. Live with the 3 E’s — Energy, Enthusiasm, and Empathy.
5. Make time for prayer and reflection
6. Play more games.
7. Read more books than you did in 2012.
8. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day.
9. Sleep for 7 hours.
10. Take a 10-30 minutes walk every day —- and while you walk, smile.
11. Don’t compare your life to others’. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
12. Don’t have negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
13. Don’t over do; keep your limits.
14. Don’t take yourself so seriously; no one else does.
15. Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip.
16. Dream more while you are awake.
17. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
18. Forget issues of the past. Don’t remind your partner with his/her mistakes of the past. That will ruin your present happiness.
19. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Don’t hate others.
20. Make peace with your past so it won’t spoil the present.
21. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
22. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
23. Smile and laugh more.
24. You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
25. Call your family often.
26. Each day give something good to others.
27. Forgive everyone for everything.
28. Spend time with people over the age of 70 & under the age of 6.
29. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
30. What other people think of you is none of your business.
31. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your family and friends will. Stay in touch.
32. Do the right things.
33. Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful.
34. Forgiveness heals everything.
35. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
36. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
37. The best is yet to come.
38. When you awake alive in the morning, don’t take it for granted – embrace life.
39. Your inner most is always happy. So, be happy.
Last but not least:
40. Enjoy LIFE!
Many years ago, in the dark ages of 2004, the universe detained me. My residency was delayed and I became without a passport. The reason I am accusing the forces of the universe for that was because in the end it had led me to something. Even when we sometimes think it leads to no where we realize that we are where we should be at that moment, and I’m glad I was that day.
In 2004, I watched a movie that represented a beautiful connection created beyond boarders, culture and believes. I couldn’t sleep that day, and I’m glad I didn’t, because it was the first time I watched the movie ‘Before Sunrise’ made in 1995; a story of how Jesse (Ethan Hawk) and Celine (Julie Delpy) met and spent a day together, leaving each other with a promise to meet again one day.
It hooked me… What will happen next? Will they meet again? That was all I can think of ever since.
Weeks later, I saw the movies box office… I never felt more excited, so much that I felt becoming a kid again.
2004 was the release of the sequel ‘Before Sunset’ it follows their story 9 years later.
Did they stop at that? No… They did a third one, also 9 years later, ‘Before Midnight‘ in 2013. I admire the writers, the actors the dialogue, and I am really inspired by their dedication to follow the story 9 years at a time.
Yesterday I got the last movie, I haven’t seen it yet. So today, and before tomorrow, I will do what I call the ‘Before Tomorrow’ movie marathon. I will watch the first, second and third movie to see how that candle started again and to see how will it end for the first time… Or will it? I’ll find out today.
~ A. H. Amin